The Human Resources Generalist contributes to the outcome of Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the Human Resources department and works closely with the Human Resources Director, Finance and other departments throughout the agency to provide a customer focused and effective HR support service. In this role, the HR Generalist may act as a back up to the Payroll Specialist.
Essential Job Functions:
- Agency Compliance:
- Creates monthly reports to ensure the agency remains compliant with County, State, and Federal requirements.
- Works with the HR Director to design, develop and deliver competitive employee benefit programs.
- Works with 3rd party administrators to coordinate implementation of benefit plans.
- Enrolls new employees in Agency benefits programs.
- Facilitates and plans the annual Open Enrollment program.
- Provides compliance oversight for all qualified employee benefit plans/programs
- Prepares documentation required for changes in pay, status, and benefits.
- Liaison with Finance to ensure that employee benefits changes are communicated appropriately so that the payments to 3rd parties are accurate. May also reconcile monthly statements.
- Manages all aspects of recruitment including.
- Posts open positions.
- Communicates open positions internally.
- Ensures that appropriate applicants are forwarded to the hiring manager.
- Employee Onboarding:
- Meets with all new employees on their first day to complete required paperwork.
- Ensures I-9’s are fully completed and maintained.
- Follows up with the employee and other agencies to ensure that pre-employment physicals, fingerprinting, and background checks are received in a timely manner.
- Employee Files:
- Maintains personnel files in accordance with State and CCL regulations and Council on Accreditation standards.
- Ensure appropriate records retention guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that archiving records are current and up to date.
- Employee/Supervisor Support:
- Provides HR support to employees, supervisors, and managers to answer questions and offer guidance related to HR processes or any other HR-related questions.
- Follows up to ensure that supervisors and managers are aware of due dates for upcoming employee performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the administration of benefits programs.
- Experience in recruiting and onboarding.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and manage deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Human Resources and 3 years of HR experience or 5 years’ of HR experience.
- PHR preferred but not required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, or sit, in an office setting. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and computer screen; and lift moderate weight. Work hours may include nights and weekends.
- Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to reliable transportation
Position Location: Sacramento, California
To Apply: E-mail resume (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) and cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experiences and how they fit the needs of the position, along with salary requirements to email@example.com