We are seeking a talented social work professional for a Social Work Supervisor position. This position will oversee our Foster Care/Adoption Placement Services in the Auburn and Nevada City offices.
The Social Work Supervisor heads up the daily functioning of their department. This position works in collaboration with the Placer County Children’s System of Care and Nevada County Child Protective Services staff. This position is responsible for making sure their area of responsibility is running in a smooth and efficient manner, particularly the work done by their direct employees and interns. In conjunction with the Program Director, this position participates in development, implementation, and evaluation of permanency polices and procedures as well as goals and outcomes. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Sierra Forever Families policies, procedures and applicable laws. The supervisor will ensure legal compliance with child welfare and employment laws. The supervisor will train, coach, provide direction and professional development to staff. Communication with staff and management team is crucial.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field required
- Licensed (LCSW or LMFT) preferred
- Excellent supervision and management skills required—minimum three years supervisory/management experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage programs
- Social Work experience in child welfare, special needs adoptions, foster care, birth family intervention, youth permanency, and adoption. Knowledge of local community resources
- Adoption Home study experience required, SAFE Home Study format preferred
- Knowledge of child welfare, community care licensing, adoption and foster care issues and regulations
- Strong practical and theoretical foundation in strength-based practices
- Expertise in administration and planning, risk assessment, and crisis intervention
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff at all levels, county child welfare agencies and community resource agencies
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, community partners, and all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Knowledge of best practice standards California Alliance of Child and Family Services (CACFS) or Council on Accreditation (COA)
- Proficiency with computer technology
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours as the job necessitates
- Cultural competence to work with diverse populations
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to reliable transportation
- Must submit to and pass health screen, TB test, criminal record and child abuse index clearances.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for youth permanency, be solution oriented and be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment within the agency and with community partners.
Position Location: Auburn and Nevada City, CA
To Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) detailing your relevant skills and experiences and how they fit the needs of the position along with salary requirements to email@example.com.