We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic and passionate professional for a full-time position as a Youth Permanency Worker for the Destination Family program in our Sacramento office.
The Youth Permanency Social Worker is child focused and will identify, assess, and recruit families for children. This unique position entails working directly with the county social worker as a collaborative partner and with youth in foster care, ages 1 to 18 that are in need of permanency. This is a specialized program that focuses on youth with one or more barriers to permanency: sibling sets of two or more, previous failed adoptions, children with special medical or mental health needs. The goal is to recruit, assess, and match families to meet the needs of the children and place in adoptive homes within 12-18 months of referral. The ideal candidate enjoys working collaboratively, creatively, and is confident working in a multi-level child welfare system. Is a strong advocate for children in need of permanence with a deep conviction and belief that all children are adoptable.
In addition to recruiting for families, the Youth Permanency Social Worker is responsible for case mining for past connections and/or family, engaging and supporting healthy relationships.
- Five years of social work experience along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) or a related field
- Commitment to finding permanency for foster youth
- Social work experience in foster care and special needs adoption preferred
- Knowledge of child welfare, adoption, and foster care regulations
- Excellent family assessment skills; ability to identify problematic areas and problem-solve
- Knowledge of community resources
- Outstanding customer service skills; empathic, personal, and friendly
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other team members, county child welfare agencies, and community resource agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational and time management skills and detail oriented
- Highly motivated team player who can also work independently
- Proficiency with computer technology
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours as the job necessitates
- Cultural competence to work with diverse populations
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to reliable transportation
- Must submit to and pass health screen, TB test, criminal record and child abuse index clearances
Position Location: Sacramento, California
To Apply: E-mail resume (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) and cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experiences and how they fit the needs of the position, along with salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Opened: 09/08/17