We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic and passionate social work professional for a full-time position as a Social Worker in our Nevada City office.
The Social Worker prepares children and families for adoption and permanency. Responsibilities include completing SAFE adoption home studies, providing case management services, writing court reports for adoption finalization, and working with youth toward the goal of permanency.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) or Master’s degree in a related field, required
• Commitment to finding permanency for children
• Knowledge of child welfare, adoption, foster care, and permanency programs
• Knowledge of child psychology, child development, individual and group behavior, family relationships and dynamics
• Excellent family assessment skills; ability to identify problematic areas and problem-solve
• Knowledge of SAFE Home Study Assessments
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings and trainings with families
• Knowledge of community resources
• Outstanding customer service skills; empathic, personal, and friendly
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Strong organizational and time management skills and detail oriented
• Highly motivated team player who can also work independently
• Proficiency in computer technology, must have strong Word, Excel, and database management skills
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours as the job necessitates
• Cultural competence to work with diverse populations
• Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to reliable transportation and able to travel surrounding counties
• Must submit to and pass health screen, TB test, criminal record and child abuse index clearances
The ideal candidate will have a passion for youth permanency and be a creative and effective individual able to develop trusting relationships with youth living in foster care as they strive for permanency in their lives.
Starting Salary: DOE + Benefits
Position Location: Nevada City, California
To Apply: E-mail resume (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) and cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experiences and how they fit the needs of the position, along with salary requirements, to email@example.com.