HR Generalist/Recruiter, Full-Time
Sierra Forever Families, established in 1983 as Sierra Adoption Services, is a private, non-profit foster family/adoption agency that focuses on finding and sustaining permanency for children and youth in the foster care system. We serve children and families in 12 Northern California counties. We do more than place children into loving homes. We believe that every child needs a permanent family; we are advocates of all children in Foster Care. Children are the heart of our mission and in everything we do.
If you are creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about bettering the lives of children, we encourage you to consider joining our team of passionate professionals.
Our full-time positions (30+ hours/week) offer a total employment package including retirement savings plans, comprehensive benefits, 12 paid holidays, and four weeks of paid time off annually.
The Human Resources Generalist contributes to the outcome of Human Resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Generalist in this role will be primarily responsible for Recruiting, Onboarding, Terminations, and Benefits, but needs to have an overall understanding of the day-to-day administrative operations of the Human Resources department in order to provide back up support. The person in this role will work closely with the Human Resources Director, Finance and other departments throughout the agency to provide a customer focused and effective HR support service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages all aspects of recruitment including.
- Posts open positions and communicates open positions internally.
- Screens candidates, and forwards appropriate candidates to the hiring manager.
- Employee Onboarding:
- Follows up with employee and other agencies to ensure that pre-employment physicals, fingerprinting, and background checks are received in a timely manner.
- Meets with all new employees on their first day to complete required paperwork.
- Ensures I-9’s are fully completed and maintained.
- Works with the HR Director to design, develop and deliver competitive employee benefit programs.
- Works with 3rd party administrators to coordinate implementation of benefit plans.
- Enrolls new employees in Agency benefits programs.
- Facilitates and plans the annual Open Enrollment program.
- Provides compliance oversight for all qualified employee benefit plans/programs
- Prepares documentation required for changes in pay, status, and benefits.
- Liaison with Finance to ensure that employee benefits changes are communicated appropriately so that the payments to 3rd parties are accurate. May also reconcile monthly statements.
- Employee Files:
- Maintains personnel files in accordance with State and CCL regulations and Council on Accreditation standards.
- Ensure appropriate records retention guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that archiving records are current and up to date.
- Employee / Supervisor Support:
- Provides HR support to employees, supervisors, and managers to answer questions and offer guidance related to HR processes or any other HR-related questions.
- Agency Compliance:
- May assist with monthly activities and reports to ensure the agency remains compliant with County, State, and Federal requirements.
- May assist with tracking due dates for increases and performance reviews and with tracking CDL and auto policy expiration dates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and manage deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in Human Resources and 3 years of HR experience or 5 years’ of HR experience, with a focus on Recruiting and Benefits.
- PHR preferred but not required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, or sit, in an office setting. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and computer screen; and lift moderate weight. Work hours may include nights and weekends.
- Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances.
If you meet minimum qualification for this position you can apply by sending an email to email@example.com that includes your resume and cover letter detailing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the requirement of this position.
Req # 2019-0039