Social Work Supervisor, Full-Time
Are you interested in supporting the lives of children and families engaged in the foster care system?
Do you have a passion for helping foster children find their forever home?
If so, then consider this exciting opportunity to lead a team of permanency social workers!
We offer a wide range of benefits, including:
• Paid Time Off (up to 160 hours in your first year)!
• Health insurance (Kaiser, Sutter, and others)
• Dental insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
• 401k with up to a 4% match after the first year
Sierra Forever Families, established in 1983 as Sierra Adoption Services, is a private, non-profit foster family/adoption agency that focuses on finding and sustaining permanency for children and youth in the foster care system. We serve children and families in 12 Northern California counties. We do more than place children into loving homes. We believe that every child needs a permanent family, we are advocates of all children – they are the heart of our mission and everything we do.
The Permanency Supervisor promotes the well-being of children and youth in foster care by overseeing the daily functions of their department. This position supports the Permanency and Placement Unit. The Permanency Supervisor supports, develops, implements, and evaluates program goals, outcomes, and procedures to promote permanency for children and youth in foster care.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversight of Case Management
o Oversight of Permanency team of up to 7 social workers.
o Liaison with CPS Supervisors, social workers, families, and other service providers to ensure coordination of
o Ensure that all programs and staff perform consistently with applicable laws, regulations, and compliance
standards (BBS, CCL, Title XXII, and COA) and behave ethically in all matters.
o Convene, document, and report weekly supervision with staff.
• Partnership in the oversight of Permanency and Placement Unit
o Resource Family Approval
o Partnership of oversight of key components of the permanency program, including family development,
match coordination, family approval, and admin support.
o Training and Family Support
o Partnership of oversight facilitation of orientation for potential resource families.
o Partnership of oversight ongoing training of families, including Sierra’s Adoption Module.
o Provide additional support to fost-adopt families as needed.
o Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, via coaching and mentoring, classroom
training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
o Community Engagement and Recruitment
o Partnership of oversight of staff leading community engagement efforts.
o Develop and implement the Sacramento-based Ambassador Family program.
o Enhance recruitment efforts through targeted recruitment and the identification of new venues.
o Program Development
o Develop and implement an Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC) program.
o Identify community partners to build an effective collaboration to meet the needs of youth stepping down
from higher levels of care.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge of:
o State Regulations for child placement agencies set forth by CDSS and CCL.
o CA Family Code, Welfare and Institution Code, Multi-Ethnic Placement Act (MEPA) and other related state
and federal rules, regulations and laws pertaining to adoption, foster care, youth permanency, mentoring,
and concurrent planning.
o Adoption clinical issues.
o Strong working knowledge of advancing permanency for youth in foster care.
o Child psychology and development, family relationships, and family dynamics.
o Accreditation Standards (COA).
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in order to communicate effectively with staff, clients,
colleagues, community partners, and all levels of management.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to engage and build a trusting relationship with families and with diverse populations and
Travel: Some travel within Northern California is required.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related human
service field from accredited school.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in child welfare, adoptions, foster care, birth family intervention, youth
permanency, child abuse, family dynamics, crisis intervention, and community resources.
• Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in related field.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms in an office or event setting. Be able to drive and transport supplies to events. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and computer screen; and lift moderate weight (50 lbs.), including children. Work hours include some nights and weekends.
• Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances.
• Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as well as be available for emergencies and calls after hours and on
weekends to meet the needs of the children and families.
• Adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies.
If you meet minimum qualifications for this position you can apply by sending an email to email@example.com that includes your resume and cover letter detailing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the requirements of this position.
Req # 2019-0038