Permanency Social Worker – Full Time
The Permanency Social Worker works in the Permanency Placement Unit preparing children and families for permanency. The Social Worker is responsible for conducting SAFE home studies; developing, coordinating, and supervising needs and service plans for children in foster/adopt homes. The Social Worker provides case management to ensure that foster parents are providing quality care; the home is safe, and all needs of the children are being met.
- Recruitment potential families
- Evaluation and assessment of the application of potential approved families
- Support foster families in completing all required and necessary documentation
- Case Management for assigned clients
- Conduct home studies and home study updates using the SAFE Home Study format
- Develop and update child centered needs and services plans
- Maintain a working relationship with the foster parents, teachers, therapists, CPS case workers, birth families, and significant others in order to implement successful plans
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of client records in compliance with CCL and all other relevant regulatory agencies. Contact notes and case records need to be updated regularly, including medical, dental, and psychiatric information. Documentation adherence must meet CCL, other regulatory agencies, and SFF requirements
- Develop, review, and update quarterly reports for each child on caseload within timeline expectations
- Provide pertinent information to all authorized representatives of the child
- Responsible for program statistics, maintain and report monthly case load forecasts and report placement changes by monthly deadline
- Support Post Adoption clients
- Facilitate support groups as needed
- Child Placements
- Evaluation and assessment of a child for placement and continued placement in an approved family
- Attend placement of the child in an approved family and assure all needed paperwork is completed within timeline expectations
- Supervision of the placement of the child, including direct contact with the child and certified family.
- Ensure foster family has the support system they need to make the child successful; assist child and parents with problems concerning relationships and other aspects of social and emotional functioning
- Ongoing assessment of family for licensing standards compliance, develop a plan of correction for non-compliance when necessary
- Facilitate reunification plans/efforts whenever possible
- Conduct Workshops and Training
- Develop informational material for educational purposes, conduct workshops and educational training sessions
- Orientation of potential families
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients, colleagues, community partners, and all levels of management. Clearly communicate key goals to obtain permanency goals and other program goals
- Ability to identify and analyze problems; weigh relevance and accuracy of information; generate and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task on a daily basis
- Open to change and new information; rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected situations
- Display high standards of ethical conduct and exhibits honesty and integrity. Show consistency in words and actions, model high standards of ethics
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization
- Be able to maintain a professional, confidential work environment
- Knowledge of relevant trends and practices in child welfare, adoption, and permanency.
- Strong counselling and assessment skills
- Knowledge of treatment planning and effective treatment interventions for children and foster families
- Proficiency in completing legal documents required for facilitation of adoption
- Responds to supervision, makes changes to provide best support for children and families
- Ability to align behavior with the mission and goals of the organization
- Proficiency in computer technology, Microsoft Office 2010 Suite as well as Database/Case Management systems
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related human service field.
- Experience working with children and families required
- Previous experience working with SAFE Home Studies preferred
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms in an office or event setting. Be able to drive and transport children as well as supplies to events. Specific use of speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone; vision to read handwritten and printed materials and computer screen; and lift moderate weight (up to 50 lbs.), including children. Work hours include occasional nights and weekends.
- Some out of county travel required.
- Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance and have access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as well as be available for emergencies and calls after hours and on weekends to meet the needs of the children and families
- The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies
If you meet minimum qualifications for this position you can apply by sending an email to email@example.com that includes your resume and cover letter detailing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the requirements of this position.
Req # 2019-0029