To apply for this position, send email to email@example.com and include your resume and cover letter detailing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the requirements of this position. Please include your salary requirements.
The Accounting Clerk is primarily responsible for the accounting operations, reporting, account reconciliation and quality of our Finance reporting, processes, and procedures. The person who fills this role is also expected to be the backup for processing Payroll and Payables.
Essential Job Functions:
- Tracks government grant expenses and invoice monthly per contract terms
- Ensures timely receipt of payment for Sierra Forever Families services
- Ensures that financial transactions are entered into accounting system
- Makes banking deposits
- Work with CFO and Payroll to ensure accurate and robust accounting records
- Responsible to ensure that all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems are in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Create financial reports, such as budget versus actual reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Account Reconciliation/Internal Audit
- Responsible for reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and Fund Development contribution accounts
- Coordinate the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- Ensure that Finance procedures are documented and kept up to date
- Fully trained in the PayChex Flex payroll system in order to operate as back up to the Payroll/Staff Accountant
- Quality review of bi-weekly Payroll processing
- General Ledger
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for all bank accounts
- Generate invoices and books receivables in the General Ledger
- Fill in as back up on Payables, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Technology savvy and experience with QuickBooks, Paychex, and Excel
- Strong communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board of directors and committee members, as well as outside partners and Agency staff
- Maintain a professional, confidential work environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; CPA or MBA preferred
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial operations experience; non-profit experience a plus
- Experience in financial audit, managing reporting, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, sit, bend, or squat. Fluent in English, both verbally and written. Must be able to lift moderate weight such as file folders and file boxes.
- Must submit to and pass a health screen, tuberculosis test, criminal record, and child abuse index clearances
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, provide proof of adequate vehicle insurance: Bodily Injury coverage of 100k/300K and Property Damage 50k, and have access to reliable transportation
- The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to agency policies
This description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. It is subject to change without notice.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.
Position Location: Sacramento, California
To Apply: E-mail resume (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) and cover letter detailing your relevant skills and experiences and how they fit the needs of the position, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org