Adoption is a lifelong process and Sierra Forever Families wants to provide families with the supports they need to be successful.
Support Groups and Trainings: Sierra offers a host of trainings and support groups in every office to assist families who have created a forever family. Many of these classes and groups offer free child care. Please use the link below to find the right support for your family.
Mental Health Services
Trained therapists offer individual, family and group therapy through Sierra’s Therapeutic Support Services (TSS) program. These therapists provide comprehensive mental health services with a specialty focus on trauma, grief and loss, attachment and permanency issues with the goal of creating a stronger family unit. Mental health services are provided to Sierra families in Sacramento, Placer and Nevada counties. Other mental health services are also provided by our post-adoption services in Colusa, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Siskiyou, Sierra, Sutter, and Yuba Counties.
Our mental health services include:
- Family Therapy and Support provides assistance regarding bonding between child and family, and offers parenting skills training.
- Individual Therapy addresses children’s issues related to grief and loss, trauma, identity and attachment. Through therapy, children are helped to overcome behaviors driven by their loss.
- Community Resources provides educational, social, and medical resources and supports.
- Consultations with staff at the child’s school helps us develop a better understanding of the child’s functioning and the opportunity to work collaboratively toward the child’s treatment plan.
- Skills Training and coaching assist in restoring, maintaining or building new skills.
In addition, monthly support groups are offered in a variety of locations. For more information regarding our Post Adoption Service please contact your local office:
Sacramento Office: (916) 368-5114
Auburn Office: (530) 887-9982
Grass Valley Office: (530) 478-0900